- What’s the purpose of Michigan Pride?
- Michigan Pride provides education, outreach, support, and events to enhance the lives of lesbian, bisexual, gay, and transgender people and builds quality relationships with all Michigan residents.
- When is Pride 2017
- June 17, 2017
- When is the White Party?
- The White Party will be held on Friday, June 16, 2017.
- Where is the White Party being held?
- The White Party will be held in Old Town
- Will the bars in Old Town be participating in this year’s White Party?
- Yes. Several Old Town bars will all be participating in this year’s White Party. Wristbands (which serve as cover for all three sites) can be purchased for $10.
- When is the festival?
- The festival is being held on Saturday, June 17, 2017. Festival gates open at 1pm.
- Where is the festival being held?
- The festival is being held on Turner Street in Old Town, Lansing.
- How much is admission?
- $10. Students (with ID), high schoolers, and seniors over 65 (with ID) can get in for $5. Children under 12 are free. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Admission fee is charged to cover the costs of producing the Pride festival. Some of these costs include security for the festival from private security firms, entertainment (talent and performers), city fees, structures, staging, lighting, insurance, labor, cleanup and other miscellaneous production costs. Michigan Pride is an all-volunteer organization.
- Will there be a beer tent?
- Yes. We will be selling beer and wine. ID required.
- Are pets welcome?
- Yes. Pets must be on a leash at all times. Pet owners are responsible for picking up after their pets.
- Are pre-sale tickets available?
- There are no pre-sale tickets for the festival. All tickets may be purchased at the front gate.
- Do volunteers get in for free?
- Volunteers will have their admission comped.
- What can’t I bring into the festival?
- Beverages, coolers and food are discouraged. The money generated by our onsite food and beverage booths goes toward supporting the mission of Michigan Pride and keeping admission costs low. Individuals may not bring in food or beverages for distribution. Outside alcohol is not permitted and may be confiscated.